A LOVE SUPREME

I am now blogging at a new blog: erdman31.com

If you post comments here at Theos Project, please know that I will respond and engage your thoughts in a timely manner.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Does food taste better if you "smack"???

Today I was eating lunch at my desk with no human distractions: No boss around, no co-workers, no clients.  Due to my secluded environment I naturally found myself relaxed and able to fully enjoy my 12 inch Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Sub.  As I focused my full attention upon the enjoyment of my lunch I began to notice that I was “smacking.”  Most of the time when we smack our food we are eating soup or something similar.  Yet I noticed a subtle smacking as I enjoyed my flavorful lunch.  It was such a positive eating experience that the question crossed my mind:  Does food taste better when we smack???

My theory is that the food does taste better when we smack.  This is because when we smack our guard is completely down.  We are in no way conscious about our surrounding environment and we have allowed our sense of taste to entirely dominate our present situation.  With our minds completely keen on our sense of taste we can fully absorb and enjoy all the wonderful taste of a particular meal.

So, the next time you want to really enjoy a meal – a Thanksgiving or Christmas feast, for example – go ahead and smack away…..Just tell everyone at the table that you are savoring the fullness of the taste sensation!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jon, very interesting thoughts - remind me a bit of Jack Handy.
- Mindy

Anonymous said...

Yes, very interesting thoughts, and very incisive I thought. I think I have to agree; the walls of expectations were down.
~ Lindsay

Anonymous said...

sogo情色論壇情色短片bt成人情色卡通免費情色小說環球av情色大網咖臺灣情色網倉井空aaa片俱樂部一劍浣春秋kyo成人動漫avav片av女優travianavastavdvdav美女go2av38ga免費aa片avhello成人電影院javatt1069同志交友網av1688影音娛樂網av博物館一葉情貼圖片區 av127免費av18禁影片go2av免費影av直播室av成人網avonline免費a片av最前線日本 avdvd 介紹免費觀賞免費ava片線上看ut同志交友網一葉晴貼影片區 av127

Anonymous said...

okav成人影院日本av女優免費avav貼圖台灣18成人a片子aa免費看影片666成人自慰情色貼圖微風成人論壇貼圖成人貼圖免費成人片觀賞熊貓貼圖0204貼圖區區在線a片情色視訊聊天室熊貓貼圖區嘟嘟貼圖區貼圖片區一葉情貼圖片區漫畫貼圖6k聊天室成人貼圖站貼圖區百分百貼圖色情貼圖免費aa片試看一葉情貼圖片區 av127自拍貼圖性愛貼圖kiss911貼圖片區成人貼圖區百分百貼圖區日本 avdvd 介紹免費觀賞一葉晴貼圖片區天下貼圖天下貼圖網免費a片線上看男男貼圖

Anonymous said...

So that means, even if you learn to chew with your mouth closed... and its more or less muscle memory. Meaning you don't have to think about it, it still takes away from the experience of food? So people with good manners and considerate of others cant know tasteful something is?
Another thing to consider, when you walk, do you have to think about walking or do you just do it? Does walking take away from smelling, touching, or seeing? Even if youre just standing and eating, are you so focused on standing that youre not getting the experience of the food?