A LOVE SUPREME

I am now blogging at a new blog: erdman31.com

If you post comments here at Theos Project, please know that I will respond and engage your thoughts in a timely manner.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Are you sick?

It's kind of that time of year where people get sick.

My roommate was moping around the house this weekend, wasting his life away sleeping and wallowing in self-pity because he had somekind of a virus. Meanwhile, I'm up and running - getting stuff done, enjoying the basketball games, getting out and enjoying life, yada, yada....And all of this while I'm running on two nights last week of only a couple hours of sleep. I mean, there were two nights I just couldn't sleep and I got maybe 2 or 3 hours each night.

So, here I am working overtime on the weekend and moving through life, while my pitiful roommate is laying around fighting off a virus.

Yesterday evening he comes home with bags full of fruits. He never eats healthy fruits. But all of a sudden a grocery bag full of good fruits??? Yea, he's trying to be like me. I eat like a health nut: Fruits for breakfast and greens for lunch - almost everyday without fail. Any surprise why I don't get sick and I can run on less sleep? Not at all. But I take flack for it all the time! I even take flack from my pitiful roommate (when he isn't laying around fighting off viruses!). Everybody loves to take shots at the "health nuts" until they get sick and their health nut buddies are running around making it happen....sheeeeezzzzz.......give me a break!!!

9 comments:

Melody said...

Healthy fruits? As opposed to the unhealthy kind?

Jonathan Erdman said...

Ha, ha! Exactly!

At McDonalds you can order unhealthy "orange" drink - soda pop that tastes a little like an orange....Then there's like the apples in oatmeal - the nasty, dehydrated junk that I would consider "unhealthy".....What about those candy orange slices?.....There's carmel apples - tasty, but not really all that healthy.....There's steamed veggies that aren't really all that healthy because the vits/minerals have been killed by the heat....Lots of examples of how we can take the good stuff out of our fruits and veggies....

john doyle said...

I hope you're rubbing it in with the sick roommate, add a little extra discomfort to his life. He wants to be you but he can't catch up, you're moving too fast, you got years of salads on him already. He might as well forget it. How about cigarettes? They're vegetables?

Jonathan Erdman said...

Believe me, I take every possible opportunity that I can get to take digs at my roommate. I've known him since we were in sixth grade, so I've got plenty of material!!!

Jonathan Erdman said...

Here's a pic of my roomy:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_1bLiA2RdC7s/Rf58JsjlxPI/AAAAAAAAAVc/dA9lIUtJA0c/s1600-h/DSC00071.JPG

Jonathan Erdman said...

By the way, my roommate is the white guy on the far left.

john doyle said...

You can tell just looking at him he needs more fruits and vegetables.

Lindsay said...

I totally know what you mean. I am not an ultra healthy person like you, because of funds. But when I am not running low on money I prefer to eat organic with mostly fruits and vegetables in my diet and not much meat. Also, I prefer natural ways of healing the body, if possible. Also, since I work with young, snotty nosed kids that are completely germy and virus filled. I have built up a tolerance against many of the sicknesses. A lot of my co-workers are coming down sick with all kinds of viruses. Hey, at least your not called a "witch doctor" because you like practicing natural methods. (the people that do are only kidding)

Anonymous said...

Amen brother!